Students tell me that I did so many online courses that they don't find them easily.
Here is a list, with links :
1. FIPDES molecular gastronomy (in English)
The link is https://tice.agroparistech.fr/coursenligne/main/document/document.php?cidReq=FIPDESMOLECULARGASTR
In the courses given by H. This, you will find :
- the full course
- a How to work within this module (audio)
- a group of methods, including
- the method 1 3 9 27
- a course on creativity
- a course on reading documents
- another "applied" course on innovation and creativity (Let's have an egg)
- a document explaining why you would be wise to use Maple (or R)
- another document on creativity, applied on pastry products
- a ppt on molecular gastronomy
- a group of particular courses, including :
- a course on "coagulation"
- a course on dimension analysis, applied to the duration of cooking, for a roast
- an easy calculation of the distance between molecules
- a course on dry matter determination
- a group of courses on the formalism for the description of disperse (colloidal) systems, including :
- a first comprehensive course
- a course focusing on operators
- a course explaining how to find the possible disperse systems
- a course on formulation
- an example intended to explain calculation, based on the maximum volume of whipped egg white from one egg (more than one cubic meter)
- a course on the Laplace force
- an introduction to the nano world
- a group of courses on note by note cooking including
- a lecture for the European customs (2012)
- a course on sedimentation and creaming
- a course on surfactants
2. Gastronomie molÃ©culaire (in French)
This is a very large group, with many documents in French. Intended for all publics.
It is here : https://tice.agroparistech.fr/coursenligne/courses/GM/?id_session=0
3. Physico-chimie pour la formulation, structuration des aliments (both French and English)
The link is : https://tice.agroparistech.fr/coursenligne/courses/PHYSICOCHIMIEPOURLAF/?id_session=0
This group of documents is initially for the Master IPP, the common module with the FIPDES Master. As such, it includes documents in French, and documents in English.
First, there is a groupe of courses on particular points :
- a text on the Laplace force in French
- a text on formulation in French
- a course on the Laplace force in English
- a course on surfactants in French
Then there are courses giving methods
In English :
- backbone calculation : this document is the one that one is invited to use when calculating, as explained in...
- how to calculate
- how to read: it was recognized that students are not always as efficient as they could be
- what you learn
- ce que tu pourras apprendre : in this particular environment
- comment lire
- enseignement scientifique et technologique : there is a difference between science and technology!
- methode du soliloque: very important when you have a problem
- penser en termes de chemin
- squlette de calcul.
mercredi 21 décembre 2016
dimanche 11 décembre 2016
Please find below a link to the newly created facebook page, Molecular Gastronomy Community Ireland.
Through the facebook page, we aim to highlight the Molecular Gastronomy activities and events which are happening in Ireland. Myself and my colleague Pauline are both editors of the facebook page and we would be delighted to post any Molecular Gastronomy activities you want to share. You can email us with photos, web links etc. at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope you get a chance to look at the page and better still, contribute to it.
Róisín and Pauline,
Dublin Institute of Technology | Institiúid Teicneolaíochta Átha Cliath
Cathal Brugha Street | Sráid Chathal Brugha
Dublin 1 | Baile Átha Cliath 1
Ireland | Éire
mercredi 7 décembre 2016
I am very glad to tell you that the paperback edition of my book Note-by-Note Cooking is available for sale at Columbia University Press.
The book’s official publication date is December 13, 2016. This is the date when the book should be readily available for purchase.
The webpage for the book is
Anyone who uses the promo code “NOTEBY” to buy the book from this site will receive a 30% discount off the price of the paperback edition of the book.
Indeed Note by Note Cooking is developing in many countries now:
- Denmark is organizing Note by Note Dinners
- in Poland, a chef is now moving his restaurant toward serving Note by Note Cooking (already 3 dishes)
- I was invited first at the World Congress of WCA, then at the World Chef Summit for lectures explaining Note by Note Cooking
- startups are now created to sell products in order to make Note by Note Cooking
Indeed, 2017 should be THE year, finally !